About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man, Jake. We have 2 handsome boys (Brayden and Carson) and a gorgeous baby girl (Rylie Piper)!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Eight Years of Wedded Bliss......

Well, today was my wedding anniversary. I actually celebrate 2 anniversaries. We were married November 10th, 2000. We were later sealed in the Manti Temple January 5th, 2002. I cannot believe that eight years ago today we were married. The weather was a lot worse than it was today. There was a terrible snow blizzard and I remember driving up to Park City affraid for our lives, that we were going to slide off the road. When we got married I was 7 months pregnant and too young to be getting married. We knew our options and to this day I know that we made the right decision to become a family. After being married for 2 1/2 months Heavenly Father blessed us with our first precious baby boy, Brayden.

Brayden 3 days old

I lost a lot of other opportunities in my life because of the choices that I made, but I gained two wonderful and amazing opportunities. I was now a wife and a mother of a healthy and beautiful baby boy. I am truly grateful for what I have today and would not be where I am now in my life without those choices. Jake too made great sacrifices in his life in order to become a husband and father. He never had a day off for about 6 years, he was always working, studying, flying, attending class and trying to make time for his wife and baby. Through it all he never complained about being tired or stressed. He just kept going no matter how hard it was. He finally finished all of his schooling and flight training in the Spring of 2004. This wasn't the end of the road for him yet. He got hired at UVSC as a Flight Instructor, and taught for about 2 more years. When he was finished he got hired on at SkyWest and has been flying with them since. I am so proud of all of his accomplishments. As busy as he was all the time, he always played with Brayden and made the effort to be an incredible husband. They have an amazing bond that will never be broken.

Brayden and Jake

In life we need to make the most out of our trials whether big or small. I know that the trials in my life have made me a stronger person. And I know that the trials that both Jake and I have gone through together has made our relationship grow stronger. He is such a great man, and I want him to know how much I truly love and appreciate all that he does for me. Happy Anniversary Jake! I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven who continues to watch over our family.

2 comments:

Rapunzel said...

You are a fabulous person!! Congrats on 8 years. That's crazy. I agree, you do have a wonderful husband... and family!

Jill said...

KELLI!!! I'm glad you found me! You're kids?... adorable! You're such a cute mom! Glad we can keep in touch!